Kolab Extension for Thunderbird

Alex Chejlyk alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz
Tue Mar 29 04:12:05 CEST 2005

Hello Niko,

I tried the extension with TB 1.0.2 on both Windows Xp Pro and Debian Linux.
The server is Kolab2 Beta4.
I attempted to sync to a shared folder that was created with the kolab web
admin interface (shared.addressbook). I received an error message that the
folder does not exist.
I then created a folder under my inbox called addressbook.
I ran sync kolab and the tasks seemed to complete with no errors.
No vcards were copied, no changes at all. I'm wondering if I did not set
something up correctly.
Are there any settings that I should know about?

On another note, this is a very exciting extension, because it, along with the
Kolab backend, can directly compete with the Exchange/Outlook monopoly.

Thank you,

Alex Chejlyk