IMAP direct

UK Linux cj at cehjohnson.uklinux.net
Mon Mar 21 11:49:54 CET 2005

Bernhard:

You can run Kolab without a _real_ domain, just use an internal one.
You can even do it without a DNS server,
just use static names in /etc/hosts or so.

Thank you. It's taken us a long time to reach this conclusion (i'm not sure
why ;-)) and i was going to suggest this, but thought it so obvious that
were it possible, someone would have suggested it before.

I now therefore have two questions:

1. Obviously airecentre.org is a real domain that must be resolved in a
'real way' for, say, our web site. How would i configure, together with the
bootstrapping, such that the kolab server would resolve without 'spoiling'
real addresses? Just map airemail.airecentre.org in hosts?

2. Do i just run kolab_bootstrap again, and can you remind me how please (it
been some time)?

CJ