Installation Problems (* fixed)

Carlo Kok ck at carlo-kok.com
Fri Mar 18 01:14:41 CET 2005

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

 > Hi Carlo,
 >
 > On Friday 11 March 2005 11:03, Carlo Kok wrote:
 >
 >> I managed to fully install the server and it works perfectly, but here
 >> are some problems I encountered while installing:
 >>
 >> - I had the old kolab users still in my system, these should be removed
 >> when doing a new install (it was kolab 1 so I couldn't update) Maybe
 >> that could be put in the readme?
 >

 > I have just added a hint to README.1st that /kolab needs to be empty
 > for a fresh install. Thanks for the hint.

I meant the kolab users in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

 >> - The packages added a kolab, kolab-r, kolab-n user, for groups it
added:

 >> kolabr:*:19414:kolab
 >> kolab-r:*:19415:kolab-r
 >> kolab:*:19416:kolab-n
 >>
 >> Which isn't a problem by me, but the
 >> /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_something/version/Kolab/Conf.pm expected the last
 >> group to be called kolab-n like the user it had in it.
 >>
 >> Another problem was that php.ini didn't include the path to
 >> sessions_vars.php /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include so the admin
 >> interface couldn't find that one.
 >

 > Which Kolab server were you trying to install
 > on which operating system?

2.0beta3 yes. I installed it in Mandrake 10.1 which is under:
Already available for the tentative platforms:
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1-pre, HP UX 11.11, Mandrake Linux 10, NetBSD 1.6.2,
Sun Solaris 10/x86, Sun Solaris 10

Should I still post the bug reports?

--
Carlo Kok