Kolab 2 - KDEPIM from KDE 3.4.0 rc - how to share calender ressources?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 17 18:25:14 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 14:49, Peter Wimmer wrote:
> I have some problems using kolab with the kde "kontact" groupware-client.

That that this _is_ the KDE Kolab2 Client.

> our problem: users can't see other users calendars

This works fine here with the KDE Kolab2 Client and Toltec.
(KDE both recommended KDE3.3+Proko2 and KDE3.4.0-releasebranch).

> kolab 2 beta ist ready and running for quite a while now.

(Assuming that you mean the server....)

> After this try i installed kde 3.4.0 rc to check if problems with "not
> seeing other peoples calendars in korganizer" are gone.

KDE 3.4.0 is less quality controlled than 3.3+proko2 branch,
so it was unlikely that this would give you better results.

> At the moment i try to configure kontact (kde 3.4.0) to use kolab2. But
> as far is i see there are no special "kolab" groupware server
> ressources any more, especially in korganizer. The only ressource which
> looks like kolab is a ressource for "calendars via IMAP and kmail".

That is the right one,
the naming in that dialog is inconsistant
and I haven't got other KDE people to change it.

> So i
> tried this ressource and i can add  dates for the users to their own
> calendar.
> But i can't manage to see calendars from other users and i dont know how
> to configure this feature. The only really important kolab feature for us.

First: For production use take KDE3.3+proko2 as Kolab client.
Next: Try the kolabwizard to configure the users.
Also make sure that workgroup mode folders are not hidden.
(See settings email -> misc -> work group -> hide workgroup folders
and restart Kontact).

Note that the Calendar folders need to appear on the disconnected imap then.
Click on them and use the right click to get the contect menu.
Go to permissions. Then enter each user primary email address
 that should get access and sync.

Now some debugging hints:
On the server, check that the folder is there and has the right permissions.
For this you can get root and use cyradm, e.g.:
 /kolab/bin/cyradm --user=manager localhost

lm
lam "user/crypto3/access for all cs at test.hq"

Bernhard