Horde installation for Kolab

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Tue Mar 15 17:45:13 CET 2005

Hi there,

On Tuesday, 15 March 2005 18:30, you wrote:
> Hello,
> I've read the article in http://www.kolab.org/webclient.html. Can you tell
> me the rpm command line options for mysql-4.0.21-2.2.1.src.rpm and for
> apache and php RPMs that I have to recompile? Is it just -i? Thanks in
> advance.

I assume you installed Kolab2 via obmtool? The easiest way to setup Kolab2 for
use with Horde is to simply edit your obmtool.conf file with these required
changes and do another "sh obmtool kolab" to upgrade your installation.
You'll need to add:

    @install ${loc}mysql-4.0.21-2.2.1

somewhere before your apache and php packages, as well as

    --with=mod_php_mysql

for apache and

    --with=mysql

for php (remember to add a slash after the above two lines if you place them
in the middle of the existing apache/php flags).

Also you must remember to uninstall your existing apache and php packages
(# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -e --nodeps apache php), as well as remove the
corresponding apache and php (at least the binary) RPMs from /kolab/RPM/PKG,
before re-running obmtool. Otherwise, obmtool will install the old binary
RPMs that don't have the necessary mysql flags.

HTH,
--
Stuart K Bingë