Installation Problems (* fixed)

Carlo Kok ck at carlo-kok.com
Fri Mar 11 11:03:00 CET 2005

Hey,

I managed to fully install the server and it works perfectly, but here
are some problems I encountered while installing:

- I had the old kolab users still in my system, these should be removed
when doing a new install (it was kolab 1 so I couldn't update) Maybe
that could be put in the readme?

- The packages added a kolab, kolab-r, kolab-n user, for groups it added:

kolabr:*:19414:kolab
kolab-r:*:19415:kolab-r
kolab:*:19416:kolab-n

Which isn't a problem by me, but the
/kolab/lib/perl/vendor_something/version/Kolab/Conf.pm expected the last
group to be called kolab-n like the user it had in it.

Another problem was that php.ini didn't include the path to
sessions_vars.php /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include so the admin
interface couldn't find that one.

--
Carlo Kok