Fedora Yum update killed openldap

tedrudie at wowway.com tedrudie at wowway.com
Fri Mar 4 04:43:07 CET 2005

> After doing the db_recover on your LDAP db files your problem does persist?

Thanks it now works,
I was not running the db_recover from the right directory (apparently?). I ran
it from the /openldap/openldap-data directory, and now I can login to Kolab
Administration. I'm still very new to ldap.

However, I still cannot login through Horde. I get an errror message:

A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: connect failed
Details have been logged for the administrator.

and the horde log shows:

Mar 03 22:35:30 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/kolab/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] ** Array [on line 1273 of
"/kolab/lib/php/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

Maybe I'll just do a cvs update?? Everthing works through Outlook and Kontact
now, so thanks again.
--
Ted Rudie
tedrudie at wowway.com