Kolab & Horde

Michael Hoehnl technik at ultrino-firewall.de
Thu Jun 9 11:58:58 CEST 2005

Hi All,

today I upgraded my Kolab2-Beta3 to rc3. After some testing, I wanted to install Horde (not necessary, just for trying). I figured out, Kolab PHP is compiled w/o some features that Horde would need (especially MySQL Support). I downloaded the MySQL source RPM from OpenPKG and installed it using

/kolab/bin/openpgk rpm -i mysql.....

Then, I tried to build an RPM but I ended up with an Error-Message like:

"checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

Did anyone manage installing Horde on a Kolab Server?
Is it still right, that Horde one day should become Kolab Web Frontend?
Should this better be questioned to the Horde List? ;-)

Michael