Free-busy not working

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu Jun 9 09:02:51 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2005 17:51 schrieb Jorge Gomes Raimundo:
> The configuration at the client is the following:

What type of clients are you using (Kontact; Toltec via OL xxx, Horde)?

> server name: phoenix.cm.pt
> mail domain: phoenix.cm.pt
> example user: jgr
> example user mail: jgr at phoenix.cm.pt
>
>     Publish:
>         publishing checkbox disabled
>         server URL: http://phoenix.cm.pt/freebusy/jgr@phoenix.cm.pt.ifb

You don't need to publish this, the server will generate the data.

>     Retrieve:
>         Retrieve other peoples' fb info automatically checkbox enabled
>         Use full email address for retrieval checkbox enabled
>         server URL:
> https://phoenix.cm.pt/freebusy/%USER%.phoenix.cm.pt.ifb (it's EXACTLY
> like this, with the "%USER%")

I guess this is about OL2000 clients?

Anyway, the URL should read
http://phoenix.cm.pt/freebusy/%USER%@phoenix.cm.pt.ifb, you can use
http://phoenix.cm.pt/freebusy/%USER%@%SERVER%.ifb as well
(.ifb and .vfb are exchangeable BTW).

Try to see the data via a webserver before playing with the client
configuration. The unauthenticated F/B download needs Kolab 2 RC3 with both
HTTP protocoll for F/B and unauthenticated access allowed in the web
frontend. Otherwise you'll have to use HTTPS and your login/password to
access the data (but that's not supported in OL 2000).

If you come back with more details, we certainly can help you.

Regards,
Andreas