Question about kolab and several Mail servers

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 22 22:45:49 CEST 2005

Hi Josef,

let me assume you are using a KDE Kolab client.

On Friday 08 July 2005 17:50, jbogad at chello.at wrote:
> I have four mail accounts on different mail servers in different domains

You can add four pop3 or imap accounts to the client.
Then you would see all incoming email each time you fetch email.
It is possible to use a client side filter to have them all in one inbox.

> and need to have a possibility to share calendar info with other local
> users.

If one of those servers or another one is a Kolab2 Server,
you have a "disconnected account" which can be used to save
groupware objects. You can give access permissions to all users
on this server. So if this is your company server (aka local)
you can easily do this.

> I tried with some PHP based groupware tools, but they require a
> different user for each mail account and are not really handy at offline
> situations. I'd like to see all the mails in ont shot and have only one
> calendar to manage.

You can take the KDE Kolab client and work offline as
all email and objects in the disconnected imapd account can be accessed
offline. You only have one calendar to manage, the one on the Kolab server.
You can invite everybody when doing appointments that you can send email to.

> Further I would need to synchronize/import calendar
> and todo entries from a CRM based on MySQL

You can export and import iCalendar based files on the KDE client,
a few scripts will help you to import this from the CRM
or syncronise if you add some more complexity.

> and be able to sync at least
> the calendar with my mobile phone.

This depends on your mobile phone.
Currently the KDE developers are still working
on syncing many phones.
If you use a Kolab client based on Outlook,
(e.g. with the Toltec Connector 2)
you might have better results.

Best,
Bernhard