What are annotations, where are the sieve filters stored

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 11 21:28:02 CEST 2005

Quite often a reference to the annotations.db is made.  I searched goolge the
cyrus email list and wiki, but I could not find a good description of what
annotations do or what they are for.  Is there anyone on the list that can
shine a light on this subject?

In the kolab wiki there is a description about sieve filters (find it at:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Some_user_experiences_installing_kolab#Filtering_mails_into_Folders)
but it does not tell where the filters should be located, and what name it
should have to get it active...
Are the frontends out there, that can be used to create sieve filters?

--
TIA,

Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless