Kolab-users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 18

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Mon Jul 11 19:48:08 CEST 2005

If your implementation is a web-centric groupware system,
another option would be egroupware,

In past threads this was listed as incompatible. It
actually integrates with kolab pretty very as far as email
and authentication go. All other modules use a abstracted
DB backend, mysql, oracle, mssql, pgsql.

I managed to setup egroupware with Kolab in a couple
hours. Egroupware hooks directly into the Kolab LDAP
Authentication for user accounts. The webmail solution
hooks into Cyrus and Sieve no problem, with nice wizards,
like horde's, for setup and management.

The rest of the modules including Calendar, Todo, Notes
etc... (they have modules coming out their ears) use an
SQL backend and support standards such as webdav, ical,
SOAP API and SyncML for outlook and PDA integration...
it's pretty amazing and a nice GUI.

Just a thought and a clarification from earlier threads.
If nothing else it might be a good basis for an SQL
backend option and an oportunity for some OSS project
sharing.

Kevin Baker