[Kolab-users] Re: Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Thu Jul 7 15:15:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:22:13AM +0200, Timo Springmann wrote:
> Our conclusion after a few days of testing is, that kontact (+ storing things
> on an imap server) isn't ready for (our) corporate desktop. At the moment
> it's unreliable. You can't be sure if events get saved on the imap server or
> not... we really wanted to migrate to kontact but if you have to earn money
> and have to count on your calendar/todos it's better not to use kontact -
> actually that's what _we_ think. We're still using kontact as our main email
> client, but not as calendar and todo list. We'll follow the development of
> kontact and we're going to use it as soon as it's reliable....

it is not exactly fair to blame volunteer developers for not delivering
a product ready for corporate use.

If you are planning to sell Kolab solutions to your customers, I suggest
you arrange a third-level support contract with Kolab-Konsortium. This way more
developers are paid for working on Kontact in general and
working on the specific problems you face in particular.
Or you do it on your own or you contract someone else.

Best

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/