Loosing events in Kontact used with Kolab 2

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Thu Jul 7 11:22:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 10:51 schrieb Andreas Gungl:
> Anybody else experiencing such problems? I got very carefull at least. I
> try to check the amount of messages in the resource now and then to make
> sure to not loose any important events. But hell, it is no fun to work this
> way.

We've encounterd similar problems with kontact using the imap resource. We've
posted a few messages on the kde-pim mailinglists last weeks.

Our conclusion after a few days of testing is, that kontact (+ storing things
on an imap server) isn't ready for (our) corporate desktop. At the moment
it's unreliable. You can't be sure if events get saved on the imap server or
not... we really wanted to migrate to kontact but if you have to earn money
and have to count on your calendar/todos it's better not to use kontact -
actually that's what _we_ think. We're still using kontact as our main email
client, but not as calendar and todo list. We'll follow the development of
kontact and we're going to use it as soon as it's reliable....

regards,
Timo