kolab2 2.0 + kontact - can't get it to work...

Thomas Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Jul 5 14:40:13 CEST 2005

Hi all!

I'm currently in the process of evaluating Kolab2 (it might replace out
SLOX 4.1, which has poor Linux desktop support). The setup I have is:

A SuSE Linux 9.3 box with kolab2.0. Install went without a hitch.

Two SuSE Linux 9.3 workstations, which I have upgraded to SuSE's
"supplementary" KDE 3.4.1. I have configured kontact/kmail/... on those
machines by first running "groupwarewizard" and the checking all
settings as were lined out in the "doc2.sxw" I found on the
documentation page.

kmail works. kcontacts works (I can search for addresses).
korganizer does not work:

- If I add an appointment in the calender, then hit "Reload" for the
  "kolab" calendar, the appointment vanishes (leaving me to believe it was
  never communitated to the server). The same happens if I hit "Save"
  first, then "Reload".
  The appointments also vanish whenever I close kontact and reopen it
  later.
- I have not seen any "trigger" events (as described in "Troble Shooting
  Free/Busy lists in Kolab" in the logfile on the server
  ("/kolab/var/resmgr/freebusy.log")
- Free/Busy information is not available. In fact, if I try to
  "manually" retreive that information (by using a browser to got to
  https://SERVER/freebusy/name@domain.ifb) I get some text back "this is
  a dummy... indicating an empty calendar" - despite the fact that I
  have added appointments.

I *can* make a groupaappointment and the invitation mails get sent like
they are supposed to. But even if I "accept" such a mail, the
appointment will not stick - on the next reload, they're gone.

I'm still hoping this is some fumbling with settings on my part, but
right now I just can figure out what I could have done wrong. Any hints
as to how to troubleshoot this are most welcome!

Cheerio,

Thomas

P.S.: Are there searchable archives of this list somewhere? I only found
the ones at the subscription page and they are not searchable. :-/