fetchmail does not inject into kolab

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Jul 5 09:13:13 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 5. Juli 2005 08:55 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op dinsdag 5 juli 2005 08:15, schreef Andreas Gungl:
> > Am Montag, 4. Juli 2005 22:35 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > > I'm using fetchmail from my distribution (suse93) and not from kolab.
> > >  Is that an issue?
> >
> > That fetchmail might pick up the wrong sendmail binary which would try
> > to deliver to your host environment instead into the openpkg (Kolab)
> > environment.
>
> But isn't fetchmail just delivering to the smtp port (25)?

IIRC it uses sendmail by default, so it might pick up /usr/sbin/sendmail
which would like to deliver into /var/spool/mail/ (which fails because the
users in Kolab's LDAP aren't system users usually).

> > We had such issues on our system and resolved that by making sure that
> > the correct binaries are called.
>
> Is that by calling the "opa" function
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_FAQ#Tips_-_general or must this
> accomplished in another way, e.g SENDMAIL=/kolab/sbin/sendmail or should
> I install the fetchmail rpm from openpkg?

SENDMAIL=/kolab/sbin/sendmail should work, but I can't verify, because our
servers deliver directly now. And I don't have a configured test system at
hand ATM.

Regards,
Andreas