About CalDAV

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 31 19:25:55 CET 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 21:06, Helge Hess wrote:
> On 14. Jan 2005, at 11:35 Uhr, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Note that if you count all the Free Software groupware solutions,
> > many web-based solutions will not use iCalendar internally,
>
> Actually almost none uses iCalendar internally.
>
> > AFAIC the exchange4linux server also does not uses a database.
>
> What does "AFAIC" stand for? E4L stores all its data in a PostgreSQL
> database.

Double-Typo on my part.
I have meant AFAICR: as far as I can remember.
Of course e4l _uses_ a postgreSQL database.

> iCalendar was not choosen because its well supported by servers but
> because its the basis in all opensource clients and therefore requires
> minimum work in those.

We found that as storage format iCalendar only works 90%
and it is hard to improve that. Of course Kolab uses iCalendar
for invitation emails and data exchange where it is more suited.

Best,
	Bernhard