Freebusy URL

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Jan 7 14:20:45 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 07:57 schrieb Andreas Gungl:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 16:34 schrieb Bernhard Herzog:
> > Even without this bug you might still have folders without the
> > annotation if you have an account created with an older server.  In
> > that case you should be able to do it manually.  Add another imap
> > account to Kontact with the credentials of the resource and use the
> > folder properties dialog as usual.
>
> IMO it should be possible to update the annotations as soon as a resource
> account is modified via the web admin frontend. Any chance to implement
> this?
>
> FWIW, here is what eventually worked for me directly on the Kolab 2
> server machine:
>
> . SETANNOTATION "INBOX/Calendar" "/vendor/kolab/incidences-for" ("value.shared" "reader")
> . OK Completed

Sorry for replying to myself again, but the issue is important enough
to let you know, I hope.
See the statement above. The annotation is wrong, because the correct
value should be "readers" (with _s_ at the end). Now guess what happens
in Kolab 2. In the /kolab/var/resmgr/freebusy.log you find (depending
on the value of the annotation) lines like below:

--- using wrong / invalid annotation ---
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: ---FreeBusy Script starting (/freebusy/video%40osp-dd.de.ifb)---
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: user=video at osp-dd.de, imapuser=video, req_cache=, req_extended=
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: FreeBusyLDAP::distlists( cn=Video Raum,cn=resources,dc=osp-dd,dc=de )
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: FreeBusyLDAP::distlists found 0 entries
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: video at osp-dd.de not found
January 07 14:11:31 freebusy[27154]: Debug: FreeBusyCache::findAll( video at osp-dd.de, [] ) = []

--- using the correct annotation ---
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: ---FreeBusy Script starting (/freebusy/video%40osp-dd.de.ifb)---
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: user=video at osp-dd.de, imapuser=mustermann, req_cache=, req_extended=
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: FreeBusyLDAP::distlists( cn=Video Raum,cn=resources,dc=osp-dd,dc=de )
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: FreeBusyLDAP::distlists found 0 entries
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: Found video at osp-dd.de := ,video at osp-dd.de/Calendar
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: FreeBusyCache::findAll( video at osp-dd.de, [] ) = [, video at osp-dd.de/Calendar]
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: No fb found for
January 07 14:12:10 freebusy[28155]: Debug: Found fb for video at osp-dd.de/Calendar

Needless to say that the debug output is all but usefull in the problematic case.
Stating "video at osp-dd.de not found" is misleading. It would be fine to have a hint
towards the problem, and as there are three values for normal accounts printing the
value for each of the processed folders would help a lot.
I wondered why I could not get a f/b list as for another account. And it took me
quite a while to find out the reason.

Anyway, I'm glad I came across those constellations. They improved my understanding
of the logic in the background, and that may help when administrating productive
installations.

Best regards,
Andreas