sasl error

rgoris rgoris at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 7 12:57:59 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've setup a Kolab server on suse 9.1 (up to the latest - 06/01/05).

After Dec 04 a ./obmtool kolab isn't enough anymore because of some packages
are in the wrong order. Workaround - run ./obmtool kolab again.

I've compiled kontact from HEAD on suse 9.2. (06/01/05)
All go well so far. I can sync mails, add events ....
Even the addresbook got copied in 1 go.
So this is all great.

The thing i can't get working is that when i sent a mail (smtp), i get the
message:

Sending failed:
Authorization failed,
An error occured during authentication:
SASL(-4): no mechanism availeble: No worthy mechs found authentication not
supported.

I don't no if this is:
- me doing something wrong
- a bug in kontact HEAD
- a bug in Kolab

Somebody have any idea?

Thanks for this great project. Keep up the good work.

rogo