IMAP direct

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Feb 24 20:27:54 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 15:04 schrieb Charles Johnson:

Hi Charles,

> At the moment i'm just trying to get this working on a LAN. Our 'real'
> domain name resolves to machines in another part of the country. What do
> you suggest i do Martin?

For plain testing i recommend that you simply use the DNS hostname of the
testing machine.

E.g. if the hostname of your testing machine is

myserver.mycompany.com

You use myserver.mycompany.com as the domain.

Your test users will then get primary email addresses like
firstname.lastname at myserver.mycompany.com

You then can test imap with either the plain "telnet myserver.mycompany.com"
method or use the provided imtest.

Please note that we also ship a man page with imtest.

Last but not least I highly recommend to use

	eval `/kolab/etc/rc --eval all env`

in your bashrc

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany