IMAP direct

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 24 14:57:14 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 14:15, Charles Johnson wrote:
> What happens if you try to telnet to the server and try to login with:
>
> a001 login charles at airemail.net
>
>                         Assuming you forgot the TLD
>

> No Max, i don't have a tld actually. I simply log in a charles at airemail,
> which works fine from the web interface

Does the mean your ldap-base is dc=airemail ?
That should be fine in principle.
Next test step would be to see if the mail box actually got created
with imap. As administrator run

find /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/
It should have something like
/kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/airemail/user/charles/

If not, itmeans that your user did not get created.
then we have to find out why.
One idea is to boost kolabd loglevel
in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.globals to 100 or so
and then restart and watch /var/log/syslog
while creating a new user.