syncml

Stefan stefan at organet.com
Wed Feb 23 09:10:26 CET 2005

AFAIK Horde is a Web-Gui, but I don't want to use a Web-Client for Kolab.  I'm
thinking about a server based solution, without any need of a PC.
May be I'm wrong, but with Horde, I need a PC and have to click around in the
Web-Interface.
What's about something like that:
1) SyncML is based on HTTP. So take HTTP::Daemon or "kirves" (a web-server
written in perl). So all communication with the mobile (or other groupware
servers *HINT* ) ist done.
2) Write the sync engine (that's the hard stuff) and
3) let it communicate with the kolab daemon (that could be easily done, with
the help of one of the core kolab developers (they know the interfaces to
deal with.)

I like the idea, having a complete solution written in ONE programming
language.

Just my two Euro-Cents
Stefan