names and UID

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Feb 20 21:13:38 CET 2005

Hi,

looking a little bit deeper into the stucture of the imap service I see
domains and users. *me* wonders that for imap folder names the "first name"
is used but not the system unique UID.

So a simple test. I tried to create two users

Hans Meier UID=hmeier1
Hans Meier UID=hmeier2

This is not possible??
LDAP Error: could not add object cn=Hans Meier,dc=kolab,dc=domain: Already
exists

Why not use the UID? Now I have to think over if this is a show-stopper for
using Kolab2 :-/ It is out of question, that someone gets a counting number
like hans1, hans2 in its addressbook data. It must be possible to solve this
when ther is a UID for authentification.

(And again I can not delete this test user :-/ )

Bye

  Thorsten