Distribution List Slows server problem...

Kevin Baker kevbaker at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 18:35:42 CET 2005

So what are the main functions of the "kolabmailboxfilter"
filter?

I am only using Kolab for email.

If I changed the

  - "mailbox_transport = kolabmailboxfilter"

  line to

  + "mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp"

  would Kolab email still work normally?

The reason I ask is that I am looking to setup an "alias"
that send messages to all the users on the system. When I
test this in Kolab it freezes up the machine for about 5
minuntes.

I had the exact thing setup on a non-kolab
postfix/cyrus/ldap config before and it performed great.
The kolabmailboxfilter seems to be the only major
difference.

If the kolabmailboxfilter is just for calendaring and other
such features I don't really need it.

Thanks,

- Kevin

--- deepz0ne <deepz0ne at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that too when e-mail sent to DL has huge
> attachment.(say 10mb)
> No problems with text only messages, they are processed
> very fast.
>
> Kolabmailboxfilter (php) will proccess same message for
> each reciepent from
> DL.
>

> (Kolab 2.0.1)
>
> Regards