[SOLVED] Permissions on /kolab/etc/resmgr/resmgr.conf

Frank Höger hoeger at takeabyte.de
Thu Aug 25 15:06:37 CEST 2005

Thanks for replying to my question...

I think I found the problem. The passwd und group files
were messed up from a previous installation, probably Kolab 1.
Is there a document somewhere that gives advice on completly
uninstalling Kolab?

Thank you
Frank

>>/ I just installed Kolab Server 2 from sources on a Debian sarge system using
/>>/ http://max.kde.org:8080/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2
/>>/. 0/sources/
/
>I assume you also configured it?
>Were there any error messages during kolab_bootstrap -b ?

>>/ While receiving email messages postfix.log gives me the following error:
/>>/
/>>/ Command died with status 255: "/kolab/bin/php". Command output: Warning:
/>>/ main(/kolab/etc/resmgr/resmgr.conf): failed to open stream: Permission
/>>/ denied in /kolab/etc/resmgr/kolabfilter.php on line 61 Fatal error: main():
/>>/ Failed opening required '/kolab/etc/resmgr/resmgr.conf'
/>>/ (include_path='.:/kolab/var/kolab/php:/kolab/var/kolab/php/pear:.:/kolab/li
/>>/b /php') in /kolab/etc/resmgr/kolabfilter.php on line 61
/>>/
/>>/ After changing the permissions on /kolab/etc/resmgr/resmgr.conf to world
/>>/ readable the error disappeared, but the problem reoccured after changing
/>>/ the Kolab configuration through the Web Interface.
/>>/
/>>/ Where is the right place to set the permissions permanently?
/