Kolab / Horde LDAP missmatch?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 1 19:08:49 CEST 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 10:05, Uwe Weiss wrote:
> But after my first login to horde, it's not possible to change account data
> within the Kolab manger Website anymore. I always receive the Error 'LDAP
> Error: Could not modify object cn=test tester,dc=valeosurf,dc=com: Object
> class violation'

> Has anyone any ideas?

yes, i have a local fix for this...
in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on or around line 453 you'll see
this:

       $ldap_object['objectClass'] = array('top',
'inetOrgPerson','kolabInetOrgPerson');

change it to:

       $ldap_object['objectClass'] = array('top', 'inetOrgPerson',
'kolabInetOrgPerson', 'hordePerson');

and voila, things are good, even for accounts that have never been used with
horde. AFAIK this is not currently a generic fix since kolab doesn't ship
with the horde LDAP schema (which contains hordePerson) so would likely
create errors for those w/out horde.

--
Aaron J. Seigo