Kolab / Horde LDAP missmatch?

Uwe Weiss u.weiss at netz-objekte.de
Mon Aug 1 18:05:10 CEST 2005

I found a strange behaviour in my Kolab / Horde installation.

First of all: I've installed Kolab2  and Horde on a Suse 9.3 plattform
according the installation guides in kolab wikki.

Creating new users via the kolab admin page is working fine. I can change
the settings (passwords, quotas) on those accounts.

Afterwards I login into horde with on of these accounts. Everything seems to
work fine.

But after my first login to horde, it's not possible to change account data
within the Kolab manger Website anymore. I always receive the Error 'LDAP
Error: Could not modify object cn=test tester,dc=valeosurf,dc=com: Object
class violation'

Changing the accounts password via the horde password option is still
possible.

It seems to me that horde is reconfiguring the LDAP database of Kolab but I
have no idea what there is happening in detail and how can I solve it

Has anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Uwe