MySQL not started by daily cron for log rotation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 5 22:01:43 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 17:01, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 16:06, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2005 14:07 schrieb Andreas Gungl:
> > > Is that meant to be fixed in Beta4? OTOH reading about the trouble
> > > after upgrading Beta3 to Beta4 I would actually like to skip that
> > > version.
> >
> > Please note that neither MySQL nor Horde are part of the official Kolab 2
> > distribution.
>
> Sure. It's just that Kolab accidently uses OpenPkg which seems to be
> responsible for that problem. And Kolab Beta 3 accidently introduced the
> logrotation, the SQL server had been running fine before. As I thought the
> combination of software run by me is not unusual for Kolab 2 admins, I was
> under the impression that this mailing list is an appropriate place to ask
> for.

Yes, it is a good place to ask, because it might be related to Kolab.
However it is also important to know that this is not a standard
Kolab server configuration. ;-)

Did you get any further on this problem with the Openpkg places?
I hope that until we have made a change the let Kolab server components
interfere with the OpenPKG mysql stuff, it will not be our fault.