again freebusy

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Sep 28 11:33:50 CEST 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 16:12, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. September 2004 16:01 schrieb Stefan:
> > IMHO that isn't true......or didn't I understand this thing?
> > I had this problem in my setup, too!
> > My mail at addresses are: user at organet.com
> > My machinename is: machinename.organet.com
> > These are identical domains.
> > Or do you mean the mailaddres has to be:
> > user at machinename.organet.com??? In real life this would be seldom the
> > case!
>
> Here we are again. Bo, AFAICS you didn't get an answer to your question
> on the kdepim list. But this option in KOrganizer is really useless
> without your patch (at least for all installations I know). I think
> it's time for another attempt to get this changed to a way most of the
> users and admins do it expect to work like.

I agree, but I have failed making Cornelius accept this position. I'm not
sure what I can do about it :-(

Perhaps I can at least try the workaround that would solve the problems
you two are having - to accept if one of these three is true:

emaildomain == hostdomain
emaildomain is a subset of hostdomain
emaildomain is a superset of hostdomain

This would solve all cases where you have hostdomain machine.emaildomain.

I'll try getting that in.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark