Problem with Free/Busy in Kontact HEAD with Kolab 1

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Sep 21 13:07:36 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 11:57, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 11:49 schrieb Bo Thorsen:
> > Jeopardy quoting, sorry.
> >
> > Andreas, you are hit by the check in KOrganizer that makes sure you
> > can only download free/busy lists from a server that matches the
> > domain of the email address you have. In this case, you try to
> > download the fb list of gungl at osp-dd.de from dre.osp-dd.de, and the
> > domains doesn't match.
>
> I'm not sure I understand correctly. For my understanding, osp-dd.de is
> the domain while dre.osp-dd.de is the host providing the Kolab
> server/services for domain osp-dd.de. I thought, the guess of machine
> dre being part of domain osp-dd.de is valid.

The code the patch uncomments makes a string comparison of the email
domain with the server domain. And "osp-dd.de != dre.osp.dd.de". That's
why it fails. The test could be patched up by checking with:

if(email == domain || email.endswith(domain) || domain.endsWith(email))

That would make a bit more sense, but the more general problem remains.

> Nevertheless, I think you know better than me what we're talking about.
> Andreas

Dangerous assumption :-)

Bo.