Problem with Free/Busy in Kontact HEAD with Kolab 1

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Sep 21 09:29:21 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 09:08, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some tests to prepare a switch from Kolab 1 to Kolab 2 and to
> introduce Kontact as complete Kolab client.
> However I have problems with handling the free/busy information.
> Uploading the files works fine and I can see the files on the server
> using Konqueror and the webdav protocoll. I can follow the uploading of
> the files as well in the Apache access log on the Kolab server.
>
> However downloading free/busy information doesn't work. I can download
> files using Konqueror, but KOrganizer gives me the  following output:

> korganizer: KOEditorFreeBusy::reload()
> korganizer: FreeBusyManager::retrieveFreeBusy(): gungl at osp-dd.de
> kabc: StdAddressBook::self()
> korganizer: FreeBusyManager::loadFreeBusy(): gungl at osp-dd.de
> korganizer:
> FreeBusyManager::loadFreeBusy()
> /home/domino/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusy/gungl at osp-dd.de.ifb
> doesn't exist.
> korganizer: FreeBusyManager::retrieveFreeBusy(): url:
> korganizer: Invalid FB URL
>
> I have configured the sane protocoll, server and user for retrieving
> the free/busy information as for publishing. I have tested with checked
> and unchecked option "use full email address for retrieval".
>
> Can anyone give a comment on what might be wrong? BTW, I'm using a
> kde-pim CVS snapshot from yesterday.

What is the server domain? What did you put in the lineedits of the
freebusy setup? Do you have an FB setting on this person in the
kaddressbook entry or in the FB location setup of korganizer? And what
URL do you use for accessing the FB list with konqueror?

The problem is that somehow the code decides to check locally instead of
on the server, as you can see from the filename it tries to get. The
question is, of course, why it would think this is the right place.

Best guess: You have a different server domain than the email address you
are trying to obtain the ifb file for.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark