Error on rc start

Jeffrey Walls jwalls at browntransmission.com
Fri Sep 17 17:22:15 CEST 2004

On Fri September 17 2004 10:48 am, Jeffrey Walls wrote:
> After upgrading to the 9/13 snapshot (running ./obmtool kolab), I am
> getting an error when I try to start kolab.
>
> All 4 upgraded modules installed without error.
>
> The error is:
>
> [root at kolab root]# /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start
> openpkg:rc:ERROR: package "kolab" has unresolved configuration file
> conflicts openpkg:rc:ERROR: indicated by "*.rpm(new|orig|save)" files in or
> below the openpkg:rc:ERROR: directory "/kolab/etc/kolab". Please resolve
> first! OpenPKG: start: openpkg, openldap, sasl, spamassassin, amavisd,
> apache, clamav OpenPKG: start: imapd, postfix, proftpd.
> [root at kolab root]#
>

> This is a RH 9 server.

The conflicting files are /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf
and /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf.rpmsave
and /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template
and /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template.rpmsave.

It looks like the rpmsave versions are the files from preupgrade, although
php.ini.template and rpmsave look the same.

kolab.conf looks like the template file, kolab.conf.rpmsave has data, managers
password etc.

--
Jeffrey Walls
IT Manager