Various questions about SMTP and IMAP

Mathieu Blondel mblondel at cerdd.org
Mon Sep 13 19:11:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm running Kolab-server 1 on Mandrake 10 and I have several questions about
SMTP, IMAP and LDAP :

 - Is it possible to prevent a certain class of IP from sending mails through
smtp (e.g. 192.168.0.0/16) ?
 - Were are emails stored ?
 - What is the best way to backup them ? How can I do if one day I want to
transfer my mails to another imap system ? I guess emails are stored in a
database so I don't know how I could do I wanted to transfer my mails to an
imap system that uses Maildir files.
 - Currently, "Trash" and "Sent" folders are subfolders of "INBOX". Is it
possible to put them on the same level ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mathieu