a few more questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 7 17:58:00 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 14:16, Ira Abramov wrote:
> sorry, but these are things I tried searching the maliing list for (no
> search engine) and the forum (very little movement there it seems).
>
> 1. how do I promote a user to be a maintainer? do I have to define him a
> special new user?

You cannot promote a users.
You need to define a new maintainer.

> 2. does "Email" and "Alias" field need to have explicit domains?

Yes (also answered to your other post).

> 3. how does the manager create email forwards and vacations without
> logging into the user with her password?

It doesn't.
We could make that a wish in the tracker.
Root on the server machine could add sieve scripts for this.

> 4. how do I get the server answer to more than a single domain? how do I
> do that with a separate namespace of addresses (virtual domains) thזt
> map to the main domain if needed?

Completely separated virtual domain aka multidomain are not supported
with the upcoming Kolab2, because it is difficult to handle this within
the ldap.

Currently you can edit the postfix template and use the postfix trick
for rewriting addresses or accepting from other domains.
It might be possible that someone extends Kolab2 Server for this purpose.