Shared contacts and calendar with kolab+aethera

darkalia darkalia at free.fr
Tue Oct 26 10:17:58 CEST 2004

>>So is there some other client on windows to share contacts and planning?
>>

>We are currently in a late phase to finish the Kolab 2 development. Actually I
>expect that we go into Beta state really soon.
>
>I know that the Toltec Connector 2 plugin for Outlook will support shared
>contacts and shared calendars.
>
>Another really advanced Kolab 2 client is the Proko2 branch of KDE Kontact.
>Kontact is currently limited to the X11 platform and you may use it together
>with Cygwin on Windows.
>
>Last but not least there is the Kolab 2 webclient. Currently the webclient
>needs most development. Actually we are in the process of trying to finc
>funding for the development of the webclient.
>
>Regards,

Thanks a lot for the informations.
My aim is to use an other program than outlook for the employees, so
unfortunately on windows.
I will be attentive to your work.

>Hi Darkalia,
>Please try to use the beta 1.1.1 available on our download location.
>The release 1.1 has the Kolab support for calendar disabled :(
>Contacts should work.
>Thanks,
>Eug

Nice, I will try it immediatly. Good work anyway for this soft. I hope
it will replace outlook as fast as possible.

Thanks a lot again to both of you, everything is more clear.
Benjamin Allot