Apache auth_ldap?

Luca Villani luca.villani at wseurope.com
Mon Oct 25 18:04:52 CEST 2004

Hi all.

I'm playing with apache, dav and ldap onto a zfos kolab installation (fedora
core 2), but I'm confused with apache configuration.

My assumption is Apache auth_ldap module is installed

 http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/ldap/auth_ldap_docs.html

I started with a simple configuration in

 /kolab/etc/kolab/httpd.conf.template

something like this:

<Directory "/kolab/var/kolab/www/davtest">
   Dav On
   AllowOverride None
   Options None
   Order allow,deny
   <Limit GET PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK
HEAD OPTIONS>
       Allow from all
       Require group cn=WsWebAccess, dc=wseurope, dc=com
       Require group cn=Wsb2bAccess, dc=wseurope, dc=com
   </Limit>
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Kolab XChange DAV (webdav)"
   AuthLDAPURL ldap://127.0.0.1/dc=corp,dc=wseurope,dc=com?uid
   DavMinTimeout 600
   AddDefaultCharset Off
</Directory>

This is a valid configuration for Apache auth_ldap module.

I create an appropriate groupOfUniqueNames in ldap, and then restart apache.

Nothing to do!!!

Apache do not recognize this syntax, apachectl response is:

[root at scilla kolab]# /kolab/sbin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 213 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
Invalid command 'AuthLDAPURL', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
[root at scilla kolab]#

It look like there isn't apache_ldap, but some another ldap autentication
module was compiled in apache. This is a bad, *BAD* news, dav access and
permissions granularity is mandatory for our company, and I do not find
documentation for this module in the /kolab subtree.
I don't know module name, I don't know nothing on this module...

Can you help me?

--
Luca Villani                Wireless Solutions spa - DADA group
NOC manager                 Europe HQ, via Castiglione 25 Bologna