relaying mails to "old" mailserver

Ronald Mohr Ronald.Mohr at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 14:13:27 CEST 2004

> On Friday 15 October 2004 13.06, Ronald Mohr wrote:
> > Hi List
> > At the moment I'd like to use kolab as a relay to the "old" mailserver
> and
> > switch later on.
> > I have 2 new accounts on kolab and the others in my domain should be
> > relayed.
> Is it not easier to the other way around? have the other mailserver
> already in
> place forward to the new kolab server and then switch, thats how we have
> done
> all our migrations.

if this is a question of taste, i'd maybe rather use postfix in front,
because this
way I could get familiar with the new machine working with real traffic and
watching the logs. Is there another reason why it should be better your way
?

> > beside this question, this is a general question for me howto configure
> > further things. Will the admin-page be extended in the future therefor,
> or
> > is configuring services something, that should generally better be done
> in
> > configs.
> If you mean the relay/domain issues I think this will be handled post
> kolab2
> time, what other features are you missing from the services page ?

Don't know yet, but I see lots of templates for every service, so in
general. Does kolab "feel responsible" for these ( since every template says
"...automatically written by the Kolab config backend" ) and I do configure
here ( where ? ) or ignore these warnings ( and templates ) and configure
the service configs ?
hmm ???
Ronald

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl