relaying mails to "old" mailserver

Ronald Mohr Ronald.Mohr at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 13:06:47 CEST 2004

Hi List
First of all, Installation of kolab2.1 went smoothly. All I had was obmtool
and config. The script downloaded, compiled and installed ( nearly )
everything automatically. The only small issue was, that some
source-packages couldn't get downloaded, but collecting these with wget into
RPM/PKG/ and running the script again did the rest. Cool !!!!
Added mysql to the script manually for horde, hope this is fine. Works out
ok for me.
Actually I'm stuck a little with configuring everything.
I'm not yet familiar with "where-to" configure. There seems to be quite few
Documentation ( please correct me ! )
At the moment I'd like to use kolab as a relay to the "old" mailserver and
switch later on.
I have 2 new accounts on kolab and the others in my domain should be
relayed.
Postfix doku helps with transport table (?). But which one to edit ?
- /kolab/etc/postfix/transport
- /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/transport.template

or better in ldap, since I found ( in main.cf.template ):
transport_maps = ldap:ldaptransport, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/transport
and if ldap, how ? simply edit kolabHomeServer ?

beside this question, this is a general question for me howto configure
further things. Will the admin-page be extended in the future therefor, or
is configuring services something, that should generally better be done in
configs.
thanks for assistance
Ronald

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl