Question about Kolab XML Format

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 15 11:37:49 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 19:49, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 14:20 schrieb Gustavo Michels:
> > Em Wednesday 13 October 2004 07:08, Bernhard Reiter escreveu:

> > Outlook 2000 and Outlook Web Access only. At first I also thought
> > Exchange would never store the data in such way
>
> Exchange does not know about iCalendar.
>
> > imapsync, I suddenly saw all my events on Kontact only by copying the
> > data over.
>
> You are observing the result of an early try of Kontact to be able to read
> MAPI objects encoded in TNEF. The Kolab client reads the MAPI object and
> then generates iCalendar messages. This conversion only works in one
> direction from TNEF encoded MAPI to iCalendar not in the reverse direction.

This is also what I thought was going on.
So there was no scripted translation on the server or by imapsync,
it was done by the client. This means that there is no need to
again convert from iCalendar/vCard to Kolab2 XML in the storage:
Just use the Kolab2 KDE client and directly do the same translation
from tnef to Kolab2 XML.

(Or am I missing something here?)