Question about Kolab XML Format

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Thu Oct 14 16:45:26 CEST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 14:33, Gustavo Michels wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Em Thursday 14 October 2004 04:05, Martin Konold escreveu:
> > > So I really must find a scriptable way to convert iCal/vCard to
> > > Kolab XML.
> >
> > dcop might be of some help or extend the webclient.
>
> Problem is I don't know *anything* about kde programming concepts, I
> have never tried it.  But there's a first time for eveything :)
>
> When I manually merge an iCal or vCard into proko2 with the Kolab XML
> format enabled, it converts the data. What's responsible for this
> conversion? Where can I find the actual code which is doing the
> conversion? Maybe that can help.

The conversion is done in kdepim/kresources/kolab/(kcal,knotes,kabc). This
is the place where all XML reading and writing is done. What happens is
that if you add an iCal to korganizer, it will store it in memory. But on
disk it will store in whatever format you have chosen in the resource
setup, so if you have the kolab resource as the only one to save into, it
will save in kolab xml.

> And btw, does kdepim-3.3.1 have the kolab xml format enabled? If not, I
> won't even bother compiling it.

No, you need the proko2 branch, as described somewhere on kolab.org.

Bo.