ldap Extensions

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Oct 7 15:39:36 CEST 2004

Le mer 06/10/2004 à 13:12, Marc Schumann a écrit :
> I use Proko 2 with ldap extensions ( Schema and it's attributes) to store my
> User Account data additional to Kolabs original Userdata for login. That
> ist't really much work, but if a user is logging into it's Kolab Userspace,
> for example to chanhe it's password, Kolab overwrites not only the neccesary
> attributes, it deletes all extensions.

I did the same thing for the improved Kolab 1 on Mandrake.

To solve the problem, I read the original entry, then store it in an
array "orig_object". Then I do:

 foreach($orig_object as $key => $value) {
    if(!$ldap_object[$key]) {
       //echo "<br>Adding missing attribute $key...";
       $ldap_object[$key]=$orig_object[$key];
    }
 }

This way, we don't lose the additional attributes.

Note that I also did some magic with the objectClasses as well, to keep
posixAccount.

Finally, another issue you have to deal with is if you have created a
user with GQ, you have to add the kolabInetOrgPerson objectClass and
verify if the e-mail is present.

I will port all the changes I have made from Kolab 1 to Proko2. Mandrake
10.1 final is due in a couple of days and still includes Kolab 1 so I
don't have the time right now, but in a couple of weeks, I'll start my
work on proko2.

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>