Clients

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 29 18:45:29 CET 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 22:51, Stefan Kugler wrote:
> I've sucessfully installed Kolab Version 1.0-1.0.20-cf1.0.4

Note: This is only the version of the kolab daemon,
but you do have Kolab1 in a codefusion variant.

>and I'm able to do administrative changes via web-interface.

Good.

> Which native kde client is working together with this version?

KDE 3.1.x based from the kroupware branch probably is the most stable.
You can get it as tarball, check instructions from
http://kroupware.kolab.org/howto-kolab-kde-client.html

> There is kde 3.3 installed on my workstation, but I haven't found any
> configure options about kolab - also not in kmail like
> http://www.kroupware.org/groupware_de-1.0.1-html/index.html shown at
> startup.

Newer versions of KDE in the main branches
 should also work with Kolab1, but are less tested.
When you run kontact, you get the possibilities to configure this
when choosing "E-Mail -> Network -> Incoming" and then cachedimap.
You need to set all the resources in kcontrol resources -> resources
and after a first sync you can enable "Workgroup mode with iCalendar Storage"
in the E-Mail -> Misc configuration dialog.