perl, sasl or cyrus problem?

suffocator suffocator at gmx.de
Thu Jun 17 23:46:27 CEST 2004

Hi list,

as written before on this list I have had several problems to get
Kolab installed. Mostly I get the famous 'no worthy mechs found'-error
in /var/log/messages. I've seen that there has been a bug report for
SuSE 8.1, obviously this problem isn't solved, is it?

I've tried several ways to install Kolab (ZFOS and source, both in different
versions) on Redhat9, Fedora Core1, RHEL3, Debian and Mandrake. For me
things just worked using Debian 3.0 (after several attempts with
kolab2) and Mandrake 10 (worked out of the box). I followed the source-QIM
precisely - no luck, ZFOS installation works fine - no luck, tips from pokorra.de
did not work for me too.

So the question is why does this error occur, what am I and others
doing wrong? Maybe we can split the problem into several pieces to
test and verify.

--
Best regards,
 Magnus                          mailto:suffocator at gmx.de