Mailstore on NFS.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 10 18:39:28 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 17:46, Paul Gargan wrote:

> Kolab (or specifically, Cyrus) doesn't seem to like NFS.

Yes, that is true. I tried it once and run into many strange errors.
Some more explanation in:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/install-FAQ.html#nfs

> Questions:
>
> Is there *any* way to make Kolab / Cyrus work with an NFS mounted spool?

It really is a Cyrus imapd issue you should look into with them.
I haven't heard of a solution and it is an FAQ, so you would need to be
a serious system development person to progress the issue.

> If not, is there any Cyrus-compatible way to access a remote spool?

Other remote file systems like AFS might work, you would need to
hunt around for the information.