Errors in installing the server

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 22 23:06:39 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 17:46 schrieb Shachar Shemesh:

Hi,

> Downloaded the latest (released yesterday) zfos binaries. running
> "ombtool kolab" installs them ok. They wouldn't start without manually
> editing "/kolab/etc/rc.conf" to say openpkg_rc_all="yes". A bug in the
> setup?

Thomas should be able to comment on that.

> Mozilla on Linux - I managed to get both IMAP mail and LDAP working.
> This is just to make sure that my setup does sort of work. Does kolab
> have a personal address book area, where I can store my own addresses on
> LDAP after being authenticated?

Yes, it is available via the webgui.

> Outlook 2003 + toltec connector:

Please refer directly to Toltec. Sofar they provided good support to everyone.

> Here I am having more grief. First, IMAP doesn't work. I can get emails
> using POP3, but not IMAP. It takes forever to say "downloading folders",
> and then crashes. This is a problem for me.

There is something wrong with you setup. Toltec only uses IMAP not pop3.
Please check with the installation documentation.

> I haven't found the "corporate mode" discussed in the toltec howto. I
> have also found no trace of it in the Outlook 2003 help. What is it, and
> am I missing something important here?

This corporate mode is not available and not required anymore with OL2003

> These are my current problems. I would much appreciate any help you can
> render me.

Your problem mainly look like client problems to me.

Regards,-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de