Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Jul 21 20:37:11 CEST 2004

Le mer 21/07/2004 à 12:35, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :

I'm now in charge of your Mandrake support tickets #82294 & 82417.

> I have then disinstalled and reinstalled the whole Kolab server, with
> all its dependencies, then ran again /usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b.
> The configuration is much clearer now, but when I start the kolab-server
> service, after all the services give [OK], I receive this message:
> Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
> _perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
> could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /usr/sbin/kolab line
> 439.

It looks like your LDAP is pretty messed up... I suggest you:
1) remove kolab (rpm -e kolab-server)
2) remove remaining files in /etc/kolab (rm -rf /etc/kolab)
3) remove your ldap databases (rm -f /var/lib/ldap/*.ddb)
4) reboot your server to make sure all services are shutdown.
5) reinstall kolab (urpmi kolab-server)
6) run /usr/bin/kilab_boostrap -b as root via command line (don't use
the wizard so we can have logs)
7) start kolab (service kolab-server start)

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>