Problems installing Kolab server on SuSE Professional 9.0

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Jul 16 14:17:32 CEST 2004

Le ven 16/07/2004 à 05:49, Richard Heggs a écrit :
> >- again do the kolab_bootstapping -b
> I did this.  Same result.  I notice that only dn2id.dbb gets created.

Have a look in your ldap log files and tell us what messages you got
there. If you get a message "ldbm: ==> unable to initialize mutex:
Function not implemented", this might be the same NPTL problem that plagued RedHat and Mandrake.

The problem is when libdb is compiled with posixmutexes, you need to use
a NPTL-enabled kernel.

Can you do type the following command:
/proc/version ; getconf  GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION.

It you get "NPTL", this is correct, if you get "linuxthreads", either
get a newer kernel (2.6), or recompile your ldap server without posix
mutexes.

I found out that you need to use this:
--disable-posixmutexes --with-mutex=x86/gcc-assembly
Since the first disable is not enough.

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>