Problems with new users and webclient calendars

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Dec 17 08:20:53 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 01:41 schrieb Zachariah Mully:
> All-
>
> We're primarily using Kolab2 through the webclient, so perhaps these
> aren't issues with the KDE client or the Toltec connector but...
>
> I'm able to create a new user through the Kolab web interface, and email
> works in the webclient, but I can't get the calendar to work. Clicking
> anything in the calendar tree gets a blank page, and the following error
> message in apache-error.log:
>
> [Thu Dec 16 19:16:25 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
> function on a non-object in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 1555
>
> The only way I found to get around this was to manually add entries into
> Horde's datatree for the that user, creating entries in the horde
> datatree tables as such:
>
> mysql> insert into horde_datatree (datatree_id, group_uid, user_uid,
> datatree_name) values
> ('1','horde.shares.kronolith','xyz at asdf.com','xyz at asdf.com');
>
> mysql> insert into horde_datatree_attributes (datatree_id,
> attribute_name, attribute_value) values ('1','owner','xyz at asdf.com');
>
> At this point, the calendars display, but you can't add any events to
> the calendars. I get a blank screen and the following error whenever I
> try to save a new calendar event:
>
> [Thu Dec 16 19:13:13 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
> function on a non-object in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 530
>
> Which is roughly:
>     function &getCurrentObject()
>     {
>         return $this->_xml->document_element();
>     }
>
> And that leads me to believe because nothing exists in the users
> calendar (or the calendar doesn't exist), it's failing.
>
> Is there someway to preload/create the calendar for a new user?

I usually connect once with Kontact to a new account and create the
groupware folders from within that application. Afterwards the web frontend
works fine (without the need to manually modify the database).

However IMO the functionality of the frontend depends on the date fo the
Horde sources. I can use sources from middle of October which provide most
of the functionality I need, while current snapshots don't allow me to use
anything but e-mail.

Does somebody else share this experience? Or can someone recommend a change
so that I can work with that newer sources too?

Andreas