Problems with new users and webclient calendars

Zachariah Mully zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com
Fri Dec 17 01:41:40 CET 2004

All-

We're primarily using Kolab2 through the webclient, so perhaps these
aren't issues with the KDE client or the Toltec connector but...

I'm able to create a new user through the Kolab web interface, and email
works in the webclient, but I can't get the calendar to work. Clicking
anything in the calendar tree gets a blank page, and the following error
message in apache-error.log:

[Thu Dec 16 19:16:25 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
function on a non-object in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 1555

The only way I found to get around this was to manually add entries into
Horde's datatree for the that user, creating entries in the horde
datatree tables as such:

mysql> insert into horde_datatree (datatree_id, group_uid, user_uid,
datatree_name) values
('1','horde.shares.kronolith','xyz at asdf.com','xyz at asdf.com');

mysql> insert into horde_datatree_attributes (datatree_id,
attribute_name, attribute_value) values ('1','owner','xyz at asdf.com');

At this point, the calendars display, but you can't add any events to
the calendars. I get a blank screen and the following error whenever I
try to save a new calendar event:

[Thu Dec 16 19:13:13 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member
function on a non-object in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 530

Which is roughly:
    function &getCurrentObject()
    {
        return $this->_xml->document_element();
    }

And that leads me to believe because nothing exists in the users
calendar (or the calendar doesn't exist), it's failing.

Is there someway to preload/create the calendar for a new user?

Thanks,
Zack