Some various questions about Kolab 1

Antoine Boegli aboegli at k-team.com
Mon Dec 13 18:43:36 CET 2004

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 13, 2004, Antoine Boegli wrote:
>
>>Kontact 1.0 and Outlook 2k3
>>

>Unfortunatley I do not know how good that version of Kontact is
>regarding Kolab1 client funcationality.

Except that, it seems to be ok and has less glitches than in the v0.8

>It does not have full Kolab2 client funcationality,
>for this you would need the proko2_branch.

I will take a look. Do you know perchance when the proko2_branch will be
merged in the main tree ?

>>>Make sure that cyrus imapd uses a non-nfs volume,
>>>otherwise you will have problems.
>>>

>>Mmh. By this, you mean on the server side or on the client side ? Where
>>are the directories used by Cyrus ?
>>

>Server side, cyrus usually has the data under
>/kolab/var/imapd/

I have a /kolab directory, but it is empty. Looking at how the Mandrake
rpms are done, I've found that they put back the different directories
where they belong normally. Ok, they are in /var/lib, not a NFS volume then.

>You can use the Kolab2 Server with Kolab1 clients,
>because Kolab2 Server is much more modern.

I'll give it a try but can I use the Toltec 1.9 with it ?

>>>What do you mean by that precisely?
>>>

>>Well... a PAM, using LDAP instead of the /etc/passwd file
>>

>Then some people do this, they shall speak up. ;)

I'll come back to that another time, it is not important for the moment.

--
Antoine Boegli
k-team.com